More plane trips + An ever-expanding iTunes library = An additional playlist!
Don’t worry, I’m still a huge fan of my first list, especially Adele’s 21 which I can put on repeat and then sleep soundly for the whole flight, but I’m always “discovering” new songs and bands, as well as rediscovering old favorites which add to the constantly morphing (in a good way!) playlists. So once more in no particular order, but with some slight attempt this time at categorization….
Songs to Keep You Awake
- “Callin’ Baton Rouge” by Garth Brooks
- Any of McFly’s uptempo songs. My favorites include “5 Colors in Her Hair”, “Star Girl”, “That Girl”, “Nowhere Left to Run” and “Lies”
- “Legend of McBride” by Mark Schultz
- “Heart Skips a Beat” by Olly Murs
- “Tally Ho” and “Crazy Love” by Hawk Nelson
- Flogging Molly. Pick a song.
- “Wildflower” by the JaneDear Girls
- “Wild at Heart” and “How Far Do You Wanna Go?” by Glorianna
- “I Will Wait” by Mumford and Sons
- And because it’s currently the Christmas season – Trans-Siberian Orchestra, especially The Lost Christmas Eve album
Songs to Drown Out the Screaming Children Next to You
- Pick a musical. Any musical will do. My personal preferences include “Phantom of the Opera”, “Les Miserables” and “Hero: The Rock Opera”. Just crank up the volume and relax.
- And if you’re in a particularly malicious mood, “Earl Had to Die” by the Dixie Chicks
Songs to Send You Off to The Land of Nod
- Can’t be said enough, 21 by Adele
- Any of McFly’s slower tempo songs. My favorites include “Love is Easy”, “No Worries”, “POV” “Obviously”, “All About You” and (my all time personal favorite of theirs) “Transylvania”
- Strangely enough, pretty much anything by Johnny Cash
- “Irresistible” by One Direction (found only on the Deluxe Edition of Take Me Home)
- The Fray. Enough said.
- “Tennessee Line” and “September” by Daughtry
- Michael Buble’s Call Me Irresponsible album
- “Just a Kiss” by Lady Antebellum
- And because it’s currently the Christmas season – Mannheim Steamroller
Now you know what I’ll be listening to on the plane tomorrow morning. Any thoughts?